Friday, October 14, 2016

So here's how CASEing works...

When you feel a little short on mojo, or completely overwhelmed by the pretty new things you just got from Stampin' Up! (lol) you sometimes need a starting point.  Sketches are one place to start, but I occasionally need a lil bigger bump.  Hence the CASE.  Case in point- this inspiration card that is so pretty and simple that I can't believe I didn't think of it myself.  But I'm a little DSP-challenged; that is to say, completely intimidated by DSP!  I hate that first cut into the pretty paper!  But when you have a clear vision of the result, it gets easy.  So here's my first CASE:


Pretty much the same, except I made it monochromatic and left off the baker's twine.  OK, I just forgot the baker's twine.  And I used a sheet of my precious Whisper White card stock- because I just got my new package of it in.  It really does make a difference when stamping with SU! inks, especially solid or solid-ish images like the floral in the sentiment piece.  Encouraged by this pretty turnout, I did another:


Exact same layout and materials, except I made it a congrats card for a nephew who just got engaged. As an afterthought, I added a Dream paperclip I'd been hoarding for over a year.

That led to this:


Same layout, but using my Stamps of Life August 2015 kit.  I liked it, but I felt I could have done better with the sentiment.  So I made this next:


Ta da!  Four cards, each building on what I'd learned from the last.  And an added bonus: I used up all the word paper clips I had in my stash!

Supplies used:

Stampin' Up! Floral Boutique materials:
    Night of Navy ink and card stock
    Whisper White card stock
     Floral Phrases stamp set
     Floral Boutique DSP
Stampin' Up! inks: Delightful Daffodil and Old Olive
Stamps of Life August 2015 kit - card stock and patterned paper, word paper clips

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment