Wednesday, October 19, 2016

A Pretty Butterfly

Taking a short break from Christmas cards because I wanted to use another stamp set I'd just ordered- Banner Blessings.  I needed a little kick start, and found this on Pinterest but could not find the original post.  Oh well... kick start received!  I used the same color scheme but kind of turned the layout on its side to accommodate my sentiment.  Here's my card:



I really like this color combination- very serene.  And I love both stamp sets.  I also used another new SU! stamp set- Floral Phrases- can you see it?  I used it to make my own strips of patterned paper to layer behind the butterfly!  And you can't tell in the photo, but I added clear Wink of Stella to the butterfly for a little sparkle.  I also used a "grunge" stamp on the top layer behind the butterfly- it's from Club Scrap's Oopsie Daisy collection.  Thought I had a SU! grunge stamp, but I don't, so that's another one for the wish list.

Supplies used:

Club Scrap: grunge stamp

SU!: Watercolor Wings stamp set
         Banner Blessing stamp
         Floral Phrases stamp
         Soft Sky ink and card stock
         Sahara Sand ink and card stock
         Whisper White card stock

Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment