Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Sizzix Binge

I got my first kit from The Stamps of Life, and had been thinking of ways to use the great cardstock and papers.  Plus, I've been wanting to use my Sizzix card making dies that I seem to have collected!  I have four of them already- I didn't realize that until I started organizing my craft room.

I decided to warm up with Recollections card stock in case I didn't like what I got with the dies.  So, the first card uses Sizzix Framelits 3D Drop-Ins by Stephanie Barnard (who happens to be involved with The Stamps of Life).  This one has a party banner pop out on the inside of the card.  Here is the card:



I like it, but the front feels unfinished.  I'll be adding more to that, I am sure.

Supplies used:
SSS Farmyard Birthday stamp and die set
Spectrum Noir markers
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Recollections card stock
Sizzix Framelits 3D Drop-Ins #560145


Next up is a thank you note using the June 2015 Stamps of Life card kit:


I love purple, and this card has lots of it! The solid and patterned card stock and the gingham ribbon all come in the kit.  So does the stamp set!

Supplies used:
Stamps of Life June 2015 card kit
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Sizzix Square Flip-It card die set

And my final card for the night:


The card stock and word dies came in the kit.  I did use a different stamp- the "Celebrate" sentiment- but that's it.

Supplies used:
Stamps of Life June 2015 card kit
Verve Poppy Birthday stamp set (sentiment)
Memento Grape Jelly ink
Sizzix Regal Stand-Ups card die set
Spellbinders label nesting dies ( the purple and white sizes do not come in the Sizzix die set)

So there you have it.  Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment