Sunday, July 19, 2015

A friendly break from Christmas cards

My July Stamps of Life kit got here yesterday! Woo hoo!  I love the color palette this month- navy, lime, lavender, turquoise, and yellow.  I was so busy making Christmas cards that I hadn't really dug into the kit yet!

My first card shows off part of the color palette in the patterned paper and the word die set that came in the kit:


Wow I sure was wonky taking the picture!  But here is a clean and simple card, dressed up with a little patterned paper.  Love that lavender and navy!  They really deliver on their card kits- you don't actually need anything else to make a great card.  Except ink and adhesive, that is.

I was still stuck on navy when I created my second card:



The card kit came with some great friend sentiments, which I used on the inside of both cards.  But I was looking for a cute character to go with them.  Now that I have most of my stamps organized, I was able to find my favorite Penny Black stamp set (I love that cat).  So he goes on the card, along with a little "out of the frame" die cutting action.  And yes, that is washi tape.  The FIRST time I have ever used washi tape on a card!  I mean, besides using it to hold a die in place.  I kind of wish the white on the washi read as either completely clear or completely white.  The half-tone is kinda ok, I guess.  But it could be better.

I suppose I could have taken a little more time to color and blend the mess out of the kitty cat, but I wanted him to look a little like Jethro, and he is mostly white with a little grey and black.  So there you go- you can color an image with four or fewer markers.  You don't necessarily need the whole kit and caboodle.  They are fun to collect and organize, though.

Supplies used:

Stamps of Life July card kit
Hero Arts navy ink cube
Penny Black Purrfect Day stamp set
Spellbinders ovals and scalloped ovals dies
Spectrun Noir markers CG2, FS6, BG3, and clear blender

No comments:

Post a Comment