Saturday, July 18, 2015

Bling a ding ding

So I started trying to make Kristina Werner's card but I didn't wanna do the twine.  I wanted shiny twine.  I wanted silver.  Since I was going to run into town, I made a little shopping list:  Post-It tape (from Staples), silver cord, sequins, and a micron pen (because I've lost mine).  $100 later, I made it back home.  I went to Hobby Lobby first, where I spent about $60 on sequins, glitter paper, micron pens, Perfect Medium pens (because they didn't have Versamark pens), and I don't even know what else.  Gosh I love that store.

Because I had three (!) gift cards, I went to Michael's and got an OTT light for my desk!  It was on sale for $25 down from $80!  Still did not find silver cord.  Found some bling strips to use instead.  Also got a stamp set for sympathy cards because, you know, I don't have enough stamps.  And if you believe that, I have some ocean front property here in Kentucky to sell you!  Seriously, I am selling my house and it is in Kentucky.  And when it rains a lot, the corn field across the street floods.  But I guess it's not "technically" an ocean... and "technically", you might say I have enough stamps.  Must have ALL the stamps!  LOL As long as I'm kicking, Simon Says Stamp will never go out of business.

So... my card.  The reason I went for a "quick trip" into town for a "little" shopping.  Here it is:


Kind of like Kristina's, and kind of not.  And you know, I  have red and white baker's twine.  I could have made my card just like hers.  But I didn't.  Because then I couldn't have gone shopping.

Supplies used:

Simon Says Stamp Smoke card stock
Versamark ink
Filigree silver embossing powder
Recollections rhinestone borders


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment