Thursday, July 2, 2015

Chance of Rain Take Two

So I was dying all day to get out of work so I could run by Michael's and buy a watercolor brush.  Of all the crafty things I had, a paintbrush was not one of them!  Five o'clock could not get here fast enough.

Brush bought, and rushed home to create!  Well, re-create.  I was very heavily inspired by Kristina Werner's card (I know, I know... again!) and I just had to try my hand at water coloring.  I know, right!  I am the last paper crafter on the planet to add watercolor to a card.  LOL

So here's what I came up with (and you can see Kristina's card on the monitor behind it):


I changed up a little- the sentiment and cloud, plus I added raindrops from the stamp set and a little glimmer in the rain.  OK, I still obviously copied everything else!  But hey- it turned out great! I wish you could see the shiny umbrella and sparkly rain.

Supplies used:

Distress inks: Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers, and Chipped Sapphire
Ranger Archival ink - it's waterproof!!
Spectrum Noir markers
Ranger Glossy Accents on the umbrella
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist "Sea Glass" on the rain for a lil shine.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment