Saturday, July 18, 2015

More Christmas in July

I am broke like a joker this weekend (too much SSS shopping LOL) so I am staying in and making cards.  Christmas cards.  I know it's July, but Christmas cards make me happy :)

I started by pulling a stamp set from my stash- in this case, a SSS set called Big Holiday Wishes.  I googled for a little inspiration again, and again came up with a Nicole Magouirk design that I liked.  However, I don't have any embossing paste or simple striped paper, so I had to rummage through my stash some more.  I liked the idea of snowflakes, as they would kind of dress up the sentiment.  So I found another stamp set with a couple of small snowflakes I could add to the design.  Next I searched my 6x6 paper pads but couldn't find an appropriate stripe.  None of them were simple enough.  So I decided to focus on the color palette, and came up with a MME wood grain paper stack that would work!  So here's my take on Nicole's design:


Kind of clean and simple, with kind of an elegant edge, maybe?  I like it.  I used the MISTI to do all the stamping, so making 8 cards was a snap!

Supplies used:

Simon Says Stamp Big Holiday Wishes stamp set
Hero Arts Magic of Christmas stamp set
Paper Studio heavy weight white card stock
My Mind's Eye Necessities-Wood paper stack
Versamark ink
Filigree platinum embossing powder

OK, I'm going back to the drawing board to see what else I can come up with!

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment