Friday, July 17, 2015

Christmas in July

I've been sorting through my stamp stash, and WOW do I have a lot of Christmas stamp sets!  I decided that now is as good a time as ever to really get started on my Christmas cards.  I chose my stamp set first, did a little Google search for inspiration, and found Nicole Magouirk's card. I changed up a few things, depending on what all I had in my stash to work with.  Here's my take:


I need to add a few sequins!  But otherwise, I am very happy with how this turned out.  Instead of a vellum overlay background, I used Fog ink for a tone on tone look.  I wish you could see the sparkle of the cord I used to hang the ornaments.

Supplies used:

Bead Party Braiding Cord
Paper Studio heavy weight white card stock
Recollections silver embossed card stock
Simon Says Stamp inks: Fog, Spring Rain, and Scuba
Simon Says Stamp Ornaments stamp and die set
Recollections background stamp
Brilliance silver ink
Filigree Platinum embossing powder
Bazzill vellum card stock


Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment