Monday, June 17, 2013

Two more cards just because I feel like it :)

It was rainy all day, so I got my cardstock sunshine out!


So simple, I love it! Bazill cardstock in three shades of sunshiney yellow, American Crafts ribbon in the same color, one stamp (I wish I knew the mfr) and yes, I finally got those Spellbinders dies to work that I was complaining about earlier (Card Creator 5x7 Detailed Scallops).

I got the dies to work by running them through the Cuttlebug four times- I was determined!  Brand new plates helped, but I still had to rotate the die 90 degrees and run it through in each direction.  Ah  well.  It works, so I spose I won't complain any more lol.

I've been drooling over all those fancy cards with the lacy details and geegaws on them (for inspiration, see this blog - she is amazing!) so I am trying to get going in that direction.  The dies help.  So do the tutorials lol.  So here is my first try.  Well, second if you count the card above lol:


I'm still not comfortable with the layers and big embellis, but I'll get there!  This card used a Martha Stewart border punch (tutorial on making the frame here), my Cricut Mini and Fancy Borders cartridge, a Stampin' Up stamp, Memento ink, Heidi Grace flowers and Offray ribbon.

I think the key to the cards the are out there is having the correct dies and creatively using them to get the shapes and layers you are looking for.  So I'm going to study my Cricut cartridges and see what I've got in there lol.

Anyhoo.  The Voice is on, so it's time for me to go lol.  Have a great night, and thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment