Saturday, June 15, 2013

Saturday morning creativity

It's Saturday and the house is already cleaned, the grass won't need cut for a couple more days... time to make cards! lol

These two use the same supplies. I have to say the Martha Stewart border punches stumped me- I couldn't get them to line up for the card measurements I wanted.  So I cut the stamp images down to match the border punches lol.  If you can't do it one way, go for another!



I think I like the all blue- bordered one better.  What do you think?  Supplies: Crafter's Companion Ultra Smooth Premium White cardstock to stamp on, Bazill textured white cardstock, Recollections colored cardstock, Martha Stewart punches, a stamp I got from WalMart on clearance (no idea the manufacturer) and my Spectrum Noir pens.


The stamp set includes this one that I colored with pencils.  Supplies: Offray ribbon, Recollections cardstock, and We R Memory Keepers paper from the "Good Day Sunshine" collection.

So what got me going on the Martha Stewart punches?  Well, I got this Nestabilites die set from Valucrafts (love those guys- you can order through the AAFES website if you are military!) and it came in the mail yesterday.  I was soooo excited!  This morning, I opened them up with the intent to start using them right away.  And I was disappointed.  NONE of the dies cut the shape completely.  NONE.  Not with shims, new Cuttlebug plates, nothing would make them work right.  They wouldn't cut cardstock.  They wouldn't cut copy paper.  Sigh.  I love my other Nestabilities (I have leafy squares, scalloped circles and scalloped ovals).  But these were just disappointing.  And the lacy bits are so fiddly that I couldn't exactly go back and cut them with my detail scissors, either.

Anyone know how to get them to work?  I wish they would work, because the designs are just beautiful.  Sigh.  I guess I'll call their 800 number and see what we get.  I'll call Monday since no one answered today- just went to voice mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment