Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Today's cards

I am really loving having the time to make cards... it's been way too long since I've been able to do this and I do enjoy it so much!  I wish I could make all those fancy, lacy cards I've been seeing all over the interwebs, but for now I'm just kind of a simple card maker.  But I'll work on getting some of the dies and on my coloring skills so I can get there!

Tonight's cards:


This pretty lil girl was part of the Colour & Cut stack that came free with the May 2013 issue of Paper Creations.  I colored her in with my Spectrum Noir markers, and matted her on the same card stock I cut the sentiment out on. I used my Slice to cut the sentiment, and the Words and Expressions card.  Simple enough!  She was too big for an A2 card, so she won't go to OWH, but I can think of someone very special who might like to receive her hello in the mail!

So now I had a negative image of the sentiment that was just too nice to waste- and decided to use it, too:

I think I like this version even better!  What do you think?  I don't know where I got this kitty stamp from- I think he may be Hero Arts, but I could really be wrong.

ETA:  The kitty stamp set is Penny Black!


These two stamps are from the same set as the first kitty.  Ain't he a cutie?  I do remember I got this set because I couldn't find Magenta stamps at the three stores I have kind of local here (Michael's, Hobby Lobby and Archiver's).  I used my Martha Stewart border punch too.

And my favorite, the original Magenta cat! Here he is:

I love how this one turned out.  Pretty simple, and I like simple.  Just the stamp, markers, and a few layers of card stock matting.

That's all for today, I hope your Tuesday was a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment