Sunday, June 9, 2013

Father's Day and Graduation Cards

My Father's Day card for Daddy:



The cardstock is Core'dinations Vintage Collection, the card was cut with my Cricut Mini (cutting file is Father's Day- Papa) and the sentiment I cut with my Slice (Words and Expressions card).

Speaking of the Slice, I just found out that they no longer belong to Making Memories, it's now  under another company.  I'll be darned.  I thought for sure it would be discontinued altogether when the cards went on sale at Michael's for $10.  It's nice to know there will be new stuff coming out for it!  Here's the new Slice site.  I love my Cricut Mini, but the Slice is perfect for cardmaking.  Some of the Cricut images don't cut as well on smaller scales- this is where the Slice excels!

And now to the graduation card.  This was tough- I didn't have any graduation specific stamps, and Michael's didn't have any AT ALL.  sigh.  This is what I get for living in a small town, I guess.  I wasn't going to drive an hour into Louisville to see if Hobby Lobby or Archiver's had any, so I had to search my stash for anything congratulatory.  The stamp I did have is from Stampin Up! and I guess it fits the occasion well enough.  Not perfect, but good enough (I hope):


The card blank is from The Paper Studio, ribbon is American Crafts, and I colored the sun with my pretty new Spectrum Noir marker lol.  I found the ribbon on sale at T.J. Maxx, of all places! It was a package of 24 spools of ribbon for only $9.99- a similar package was at Michael's for $15.99.  Yeah, I'm  a bargain hunter!  I get my Adtech glue dot runners from T.J.Maxx too.  Love that adhesive- it sticks well, and the dots are great for getting fiddly little pieces down- no hangover pieces of glue to gum things up.

So I'm getting a package of cards together for Operation Write Home.  I hope to get a package out once a every other month or so. If anyone local wants to help, I'll pack your cards in with mine to save on shipping. Or you can send them in yourself - the info is on the website.

It's a rainy Sunday here- perfect for cardmaking!  So I'm going to go do that, and you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment