Friday, March 11, 2016

Sympathy cards

I've been admiring this card for awhile, so I decided to CASE it.  I am out of sympathy cards too, and I hate to not have any in my stash.  So here are my cards:



I will try building my own plaid another time :)

Anyhoo, I got to try out selective diecutting.  I stamped the "prayers" over the diecut using my MISTI to ensure perfect alignment, and it also allowed me to stamp a couple of times to ensure good coverage with the black ink.   Of course, once I had the die cut and stamping done, I couldn't find my craft knife!  I so love that now I can just make a quick run to Michaels and be back before I forget what I was doing lol.  Living in civilization does have its perks.

Can you tell the first card I got my selective diecutting a little wonky?  That's because I was having a hard time with my Big Shot Plus- I've warped the cutting plate.  So while I was at Michaels, I also got a pair of standard size cutting pads.  That had an extra benefit- I was able to lay them longways on the platform instead of just head-on.  That helped a lot, as you can see from the second card.

I am now wondering what other word dies I have that I can do this technique with.  Only thing is I don't think I have any others with coordinating stamps.  I'll have to look.

Supplies used:

The Paper Studio white heavyweight cardstock
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
SSS Prayers stamp and die set
Everyday With Barkley 6x6 paper pad (from Crafter's Companion)

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment