Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Birthday cards

So I'm learning to love the Stamp of Approval box.  The Bring on the Cake stamp and die set is pretty cool.  I made a "try it out" card, then kind of the same card but with a layer or two added.  What do you think?




Same basic card, but with the ink colors changed around a little on the circle stamps and a few small embellishments on the cake.  It'll do in a pinch, I think.

Then I left that altogether and got my latest Art Impressions purchase- the Cat Stackers set.  Love all the kitties!  And I know a crazy cat lady who has a birthday coming up lol.  Here's that card:


I really wish I could get my layers straight on my cards.  I got the colored layer on the paper layer, but then boofed putting that on the card itself.  Sigh.  I still like it.

Ah well.

Supplies used on first two cards:

SSS inks: Sea Glass, Lake Shores, Spring Rain, High Dive, and Hollyhock.
SOA Young at Heart Box: Bring on the Cake stamp set, Birthday Journal Card dies
Spellbinders Matting Basics A and B dies
Pebbles Basics 6x6 paper pad
The Paper Studio white heavyweight card stock

The second card:
Art Impressions Cat Stackers stamp set
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Copic Markers
SSS Stitched Rectangles die
Spellbinders Matting Basics A die
Pebbles Basics 6x6 paper pad
The Paper Studio white heavyweight card stock

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment