Friday, March 11, 2016

Straight layers

I decided to try especially hard on this card to get those layers straight!  Then I ran out of ideas as far as what to put on the card lol.  Anyway, I found this image that I got at the stamp show in Ohio a while back, and it reminded me of the SSS March 2106 card kit because of the reference to peeps.  So I decided to use it on a very clean and simple card.  Here it is:


I even took the color scheme from the website lol.  The trick to getting the layers straight is, well, getting them straight to begin with.  That means cutting them straight!  I find that when I use dies, my layers are much better than when I measure and cut.  So, I used dies to cut both layers, although I did measure and cut the card base.  The end result is so much better, don't you think?

Supplies used:

Spellbinders Matting Basics die
SSS Stitched Rectangles die
Paper Studio heavyweight white cardstock
The pink cardstock from the SSS March 2016 kit
Copic markers
Memento Tuxedo Black ink


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment