Wednesday, November 9, 2016

It's OK to mix supplies!

I recently jumped on the 25% off sale for Stampin' Up! stamp sets, for which I am including links at the end of this post.  I really really wanted this hostess set!

The Stitched Shapes framelits are fantastic!  I love that they are sized perfectly for card making.  I have "other" stitched die sets which cost me about $20 each for the circles, squares, and ovals, and I only use maybe one or two of each set.  Here, for $30 you get all three shapes in the sizes you'll use most!

Anyway, here are my cards for today:






As you can see, I  used a few "brand X" supplies.  It's ok to do that, you know :)

And a note from outer space- I used my MISTI to stamp, thinking that I'd need it since the stamps do have some solid bits in the designs.  I hate it when the solid bits don't turn out solid!  As it turns out, the stamps and ink did beautifully on the very first go 'round.  I did not have to restamp!  Woot woot! I firmly believe this is because of the combination of the quality rubber cling stamp, plus the way that SU! ink works so well with SU! card stock.  

The other supplies were Sizzix Squares die set, Spellbinders Picot Edge Circles die set, Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Winter 6x6 patterned paper, and a bit of ribbon from my stash.  Stampin' Up! supplies are listed below, with links to my store for your convenience:

Product List
Cable Knit Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder

143537




These are the products on sale- get 'em while you can!:

No comments:

Post a Comment