Wednesday, November 9, 2016

A Merry Elf

Another Christmas card done!  Here it is:


I don't know if you can see the sparkle on the white parts of his hat- Wink of Stella- but it's very sparkly IRL.  Kind of non-traditional colors, but I love the combination.

And I've come to another conclusion- I love the SU! trimmer.  I was using a Fiskars guillotine trimmer and I thought I liked it very much for card bases.  I also have a Martha Stewart 12x12 guillotine trimmer for cutting my paper long ways.  I don't mind telling you I hate the MS trimmer- it doesn't cut cleanly at all.  Any hoo,  I started using those because I had a slide trimmer before (I don't remember the brand, but it was purple) and hated it because it wouldn't cut straight lines and the measurements were so hard to see.  The guillotine trimmer cuts straight, but the measurements left a little to be desired.  For the life of me, I could not cut nice layers for my cards.  I started using Spellbinders Matting Basics dies to cut my layers because I was having such a hard time.  Well let me tell ya- the SU! trimmer is a slide trimmer that I LOVE.  Why?  It cuts straight because of the little hooky-doo thingy on the trimmer blade.  It doesn't wobble.  And the measurements are very easy to see, and very reliable.  I cut the card base and blue mat perfectly!  Little things like that make me happy.

Any hoo.  Back to card making.  Here are the supplies I used.  Have a great day, and thanks for looking!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment