Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Frosty Noel

I realized I hadn't done anything with the Christmas Pines set yet, so I hit Pinterest and found this card.    And here is my CASE:


I more or less took her background and switched up some of the elements.  Now let me say here that I had a little trouble with my silver embossing powder.  Of course this happened right after reading a thread about SU! card stock not "taking" non-SU! embossing powder very well.  So I wonder.  It may also have been that I went a little wild with the embossing buddy because of the craft ink on the background- I didn't want any stray dots of embossing on my background.  So I'll try it again another time.  Any hoo.

Of course I didn't have any silver ribbon- groan- so I subbed Whisper White seam binding instead.  It's a pretty look, just not as all out sparkly as the original card.  And yeah, I'm still loving the SU! trimmer.  I only left 1/8 inch difference between the top two layers, instead of the usual 1/4 inch, and I still managed to get it right!  Woo hoo!

All in all, a pretty card but I still like the original very much too.

In the supply list, I listed silver glimmer paper and embossing powder for you- I used Recollections silver glimmer paper and Filigree embossing powder.

Supplies used:

Product List

Thanks for looking, and have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment