Tuesday, August 9, 2016

First Christmas cards of the year

I got this Memory Box/Poppy stamps die as kind of an afterthought with my last SSS order.  I got it because it was less than 10$ and I thought I could do some nice things with it.  So this is what I made:


I've also used a pine trees border die that for the life of me I don't know who made.  I got it at the stamp convention a year or so ago.  I was going ot leave the background plain, but I thought that was a little too plain, so I added a Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirl embossing folder background.  I thought the swirls kind of felt like snow.  So what do you think of the no-color, lots-of-texture look?  I kind of like it.  And I think it's definitely mass reproducible, so it may be on my list of Christmas cards to make this year.

Here's another version:


The snowflake border die is from the same manufacturer as the pine tree border die above.  This time I also used my MFT Snowfall BG stamp and some silver glimmer paper.  I like this version, too.  I think I'd like it better if the stamped background were actual snowflakes rather than snow dots.

Which do you think I should do?

Supplies used:

The Paper Studio white heavy weight card stock
Silver glimmer card stock
Poppy Stamps Peace on Earth channel die
unknown Pine Tree/ Snowflake border dies
Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirl embossing folder
MFT Snowfall BG stamp
Delicata silver ink

Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment