Wednesday, July 13, 2016

New Hero Arts stuff

The July My Monthly Hero kit is amazing!  I got that and the add-ons that go with it: the color layering octopus, the seahorse kit, and the paper layering octopus.  So many pretty toys to play with!  Part of the reason I had to have it all was all the great inspirational posts, like this one.  Here is my attempt to recreate Veronica's card:


I added a layer of sparkle vellum for the sea oval, and I didn't have a straight line background stamp, but the rest I was able to duplicate pretty well.  I also added a layer of clear embossing over the octopus to help him stand out a little.

Supplies used:

Hero arts inks: Deep Ocean, Soft Pool
SSS inks: Lucky, Catkin, Melon,
Kaleidacolor Autumn Leaves rainbow inpad for the gold color on the starfish
Versamark ink and clear embossing powder
Chevron background stamp (I think it's Heidi Swapp)
Hero Arts Color Layering Octopus stamp and die set
Hero Arts sparkle vellum
SSS Sea Glass card stock
SSS white card stock
SSS Stitched Rectangles die
Spellbinders oval die
SSS Stitched Slopes and Hills dies

Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment