Saturday, August 15, 2015

Wishing you a Day that Sparkles

More of my Stampaway haul.  These stamps are from 3 Birds Designs.


The stamps were $5 on a clearance table!  And how cute is she?  This is also my first attempt at creating a scene for a character.  I think the clouds are awesome.  I used a mix of Spectrum Noir and Copic markers, too.  I think the Copics blend a little easier, but really I would say the pens are about equal.  The biggest difference is that the Copic Sketch marker has a brush tip where SN has a bullet tip.

So what's this about Copics, you might ask?  Well, about 3 dozen of my SN have dried out and I don't have a place to store the refills. Since you can't buy single SN markers, I replaced them with Copics.  I kept the SN markers themselves, hopefully, once the house sells and I move I can have a place for the refills.  Plus Michael's had a great sale on them- buy three and get 20% off plus I had a coupon for 40% off a whole purchase one weekend.  So, I got about 50 pens over about a 5-day period.  Yikes, I am a collector if nothing else!

Supplies used:

3 Birds Designs stamps
Memento Teal Zeal and Tuxedo Black inks
Distress inks: Tumbled Glass and Shabby Shutters
Inky Antics cloud stencil
Spectrum Noir and Copic markers

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment