Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Happy Hellos

I just got my Stampin' Up! Butterfly Thinlits.  They were on back order, so they didn't come in with the rest of the order.  I love the intricate butterflies!  I made a couple of cards- and didn't even CASE anybody!


I wish I could do better photos.  One of these days, I'll put a little thought into a DIY lightbox.  That way you could see the variations in color on my butterfly.  I inked white cardstock , cut out the butterfly, and laid that on top of an embossed piece.  I popped the sentiment up since the rest of the card is flat.

Supplies used:

Distress inks:  Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, and Dusty Concord.
Memento ink: Grape Jelly
Stampin' Up stuff:  Swiss dots EF, Butterfly Thinlit
Stampers Anonymous sentiment and frame (Simple Sayings)
I don't know who made the pink and purple cardstocks.
Bazill Marshmallow cardstock.


The next card is a similar design, taken up maybe half a notch:


This time, I die cut a sentiment along with the butterfly from white cardstock I had inked up with distress inks.  I also rounded opposite corners on my layers, and added a little matching bling.  There are two layers of the butterfly there, each curled to create a little dimension.

Supplies used:

Distress inks:  Mustard Seed, Crushed Olive, and Pine Needles.
Stampin' Up! Butterfly Thinlit
SSS hello die (I think)
Crafter's Companion EF from the Barkley Everday collection
Recollections yellow cardstock and bling
Bazzill Marshmallow white cardstock

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment