Saturday, February 21, 2015

A card making binge

So today has been interesting, weatherwise, making it so icky outside that there's just no sense in going out.  Snow, then sleet, then a downpour of rain.  The good thing is that the rain is melting off a good bit of the snow that hit last weekend (15inches of it blanket my yard!) and the roads are finally clearing.

I started off wanting to make a sympathy card for a friend whose husband suddenly passed away two days ago.  So this was the first try:


I love the aqua color, but I am not sure this is the card I will go with.

Supplies used:
SSS Seaglass cardstock
Bazill Marshmallow cardstock
Memento Teal Zeal ink
SSS Stitched Rectangles die
Stampin' Up! Chalk Talk framelit die
Hero Arts With Sympathy stamp set

She loves my handmade cards, and there was one that she really liked a while back that used a Paper Wishes tree die, so my next attempt used that die:


This card uses the same stamp set as the one above.  I like this card much better, I believe this is the one I will send her.

Supplies used:
DCWV Cardstock stack neutrals
Hero Arts With Sympathy stamp set
Versamagic Gingerbread ink
Red cardstock scrap
Textured white cardstock
American Crafts .01 Precision Pen

Next, I pulled out a card kit from Club Scrap because I remembered the brown would coordinate with the patterned paper.


I ended up using a dark green Bazill cardstock instead, but I like how this one turned out, too.

Supplies used:
Club Scrap Hydrangeas patterned paper, cream cardstock, and green ribbon
Bazzill green cardstock
Spellbinders Labels Four dies
SSS Blessed stamp set
Versamagic Gingerbread ink
Old Paper Distress ink
SSS Stitched Rectangles die

Next up, a variation on this paper combination:
Supplies used:
Club Scrap Hydrangeas patterned paper, cream cardstock, and green ribbon
Bazzill green cardstock
Spellbinders Detailed Scallops dies
SSS Blessed stamp set
Versamagic Gingerbread ink
Verve Die Sidekicks stamp set
Memento Bamboo Leaves ink

Now, a different color combination from the same card kit:


Club Scrap Hydrangeas patterned paper and cardstocks
SSS Blessed stamp set
Versamagic Gingerbread ink
Memento Grape Jelly ink

I decided I wanted to play with some new SSS dies I got this month, and these two cards are what I came up with:

I left that one without a sentiment, letting the die cut stand alone.

This one gets a sentiment to stand out.

Supplies used:

Recollections red cardstock
Bazzill Marshmallow cardstock
SSS Fog cardstock
Versamagic Red Magic Ink
SSS Highlight Frames die

Too bad Valentine's day is passed, eh?

Thanks for looking, maybe I'll get some more done tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment