Sunday, August 20, 2017

Bling it up a notch

Well if you're gonna CASE something, CASE something.  And kick it up a notch, change it and make it your own.  Today I CASEd this card, using the basic layout but blinging it up a notch!

Here is my card:


You can see a little of the blingy goodness, but you know, it's hard to capture all the sparkle in one shot.

I used a retired glimmer paper in Bermuda Bay as my starting point, and boy I hated to make that first cut on my little 6x6 sheet of glimmer paper!  See, I hoard all things shiny and crafty, so I had to find a way to make that one piece of paper go as far as possible!  I listed silver glimmer paper in the supplies so you'd have a link, but know that the Bermuda Bay color is no longer available.

First, I cut my big layer for under the pretty cutouts.  Then I cut my trees from the left over piece.  And I could not bear to cut a second piece of glimmer paper for the same card, so I cut the square layer from the center of the big layer!  No one will ever know, unless they take my card apart, which, to my knowledge, they don't do.

I am loving the Carols of Christmas bundle, which is available in the Holiday catalog that goes live on September 1, 2017.  Big elements like the "Peace on Earth" greeting mean you don't have to get too fussy on your cards to have a great result.  And the trees are so cool.  Did you know there's a deer in the stamp and die sets to go with it?  Again- cool.

Any hoo.  Here are the supplies I used:


Thanks for looking!




No comments:

Post a Comment