Saturday, September 20, 2014

kwerner designs and Simon Says Stamp October 2014 kit

Yep, I'm back again, and since I got just my Simon Says Stamp Oct 2014 kit, I am reviewing another Kristina Werner video.

I selected the second card on the video as it seemed it might be simple enough.  Her video didn't show her making the entire card, so I had to kind of wing it a little.

In my Simon package, I had also ordered the 120 lb SSS white cardstock, and since this looked like a single layer card with some alcohol ink coloring, I used that.  It is a great cardstock- it certainly has enough heft to serve as a single layer card base.

The fact that the alcohol inks won't soak through also means that you're pretty limited in your blending.  As a result, my coffee cup shadows leave quite a bit to be desired.

I didn't need a thank you card today, so I used a different sentiment from the set, and I think that turned out great.  Everything else, I tried to copy from Kristina's card.

Here's how it turned out:

That's my card on the bottom and hers on the computer screen on top.

I forgot to round the top corners, and my card is a tent fold where hers is a side fold.

So what do you think?  I think my stamping was spot on, but my coloring fell sadly short.  So I give myself a "Good Try" for this one.


Techniques used:
Stamping with clear stamps
Copic coloring (or Spectrum Noir, in my case)

Lessons learned:
Paper that's great for card making may not be perfect for Copic coloring.  I'll need to either learn better coloring techniques or live with less than perfect coloring lol.

Have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment